NATURAL MIND MEDITATION
SKY MAGIC TREASURE
DRENPA NAMKHA TEACHING OF GREAT PERFECTION
with GESHE DANGSONG NAMGYAL
SATURDAYS, 10 AM
Classes online or in-person (see below)
(ON-GOING EXTENSIVE TEACHING )
Drenpa Namkha bestowed this teaching upon Tsewang Rigzin and Berochana in the 8th Century, gave the scripture to invisible beings and hid it as a terma in the Yerpa mountain rock near Lhasa. After the 11th century, the terma was discovered by three tertons. In addition, Lungbon Lhanyen received an oral transmission from Tsewang Rigzin.
This teaching does not require a strong tantric commitment, such as samaya, initiation or daily practice. The primary purpose for this teaching is to support practitioners in Dzogchen meditation.
Saturdays • 10 am
Geshe has resumed in-person classes which are also live-streamed.
Location: Cubberly Community Center D6
4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA
The topic of this teaching is the Great Perfection or Dzogchen. Particular focus is on 22 definitions to develop understanding, among which are:
• Ultimate Nature: the source of authentic condition with all phenomenon arising from the source.
• Equanimity: training the mind on seeing the two things, such as sorrow and joy, as arising from one source; through this method, one becomes less disturbed and happier.
• Inner Qualities: introduces innate qualities; encourages recognition of one’s own value.
• Effortlessness: realization not dependent upon effort, including extraordinary efforts such as sutra and tantra. Included in this definition are words such as single path, single ground, single time, single mind, single wisdom, single container, and single instruction.
• Absence of Conflict: describes the logic and reasons to reduce strong emotions such as heartache or trauma.
• Multiple Paths: outlines several paths to liberate practitioners’ realization in this approach.
• Clarity & Simplicity: to navigate through the many paths in the teachings, this teaching emphasizes the main point necessary to integrate into daily life—cutting doubt.
The ultimate goal for practitioners is the eventual freedom from a sorrowful birth and death.
NO NEED TO REGISTER IF YOUR MONTHLY DONATIONS ARE CURRENT. The links will automatically be sent to you. If you do not receive an email before class, CHECK YOUR SPAM and CONTACT US.
Sign-up for the 'friends' program HERE
Outline of 22 points